Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just lost project!!! Please help

Options
  • 12-02-2007 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭

Hi i just closed a project i was working on all morning and did not save the changes and had not saved document at all is there anyway to recover this file?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

What were you working on the project in? Its possible there might still be a scratch file around there somewhere.

Other than that, take the lesson well. Save often.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

if its word I really don't think there is anyway to get your project back. for future reference, the shortcut to save in word is "ctrl-s". i used to have a problem forgetting to save my project reports because I never had my hand on the mouse to click on the save icon. I just use the keyboard shortcut every paragraph to save now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

if its a word file word autosaves every 10 or 25 minutes for this reason...

do a search on my computer for all documents modified since yesterday, enable hidden files as wwell...

there will be a hidden temp file somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

yeah it was a word document and i really feel like going back on the cigs right now:( guess i may go to that forum too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭sweno

Ya if you were working on it for a good while there is an auto-save of your file somewhere in your computer. I can't remember the general location but as recommended do a search for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Do a search for files with a .asd extension. However I believe Microsoft Word delete these upon quitting so it may too late. You're only other hope is to get a 3rd party undelete tool and see if you can recover any of these .asd files. You will have to be quick though before the space is used by other files.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

Auto recovery on word will get it

Advertisement