Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video review of a new hp touch screen computer.

Options
  • 12-02-2007 2:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭

This is a video review of a new touch screen PC from hp, looks cool, very innovative: http://www.pcworld.com/video/id,411-page,1-bid,0/video.html I've worked with touch screen PCs, and while a bit strange at first it becomes so easy just touching the screen to do things. The interface is so natural and intuitive I ended up trying to touch normal screens to do things! I think the touch screen will be a part of all PCs in the future. The keyboard could still be there as well.

Although Microsoft aren't saying it, you can tell Vista is a step toward touch screen computing, probably the next MS OS will feature it. The giveaways are the increased size of icons, simplified bigger application controls (i.e Media Player) and the Aero interface itself, allowing you to move, reorder and browse through Windows. Think about this; would these things be easier to do with a mouse, or with both hands? (if your screen was large enough and touch sensitive.)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Man, that's one ugly looking pc.

As is admitted in the video, I just can't see touch screen being a viable solution for desktop computing. A mouse is far more efficient. They suggest putting it in your living room as a media center but surely a remote control would be better than pressing the screen. The only place touch screen is really useful imo is in iPhone/PDA type devices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭niall mc

No more carpel-tunnell syndrome!
    FPS games are going to take some getting used to though.

I think in a few years touch screen will be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭sharpjaws

niall mc wrote:
    No more carpel-tunnell syndrome!
    FPS games are going to take some getting used to though.

I think in a few years touch screen will be great.
    !ahhh ! pointing at the head sounds cool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

This looks like a cool touch screen setup :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

EvilMonkey wrote:
    i can really see the military using that to plan operations using the google earth part

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

EvilMonkey wrote:
    That's one seriously cool 100" LCD! And I'm jealous at how fast Google Earth was loading up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

I have to agree with Sad Professor, it really is one ugly PC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

EvilMonkey wrote:
    Awsome, how sweet is that. So, anyone that is wondering what I want for Xmas..... :P

Advertisement