Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Crashes ............

Options
  • 12-02-2007 2:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Hello

hey i having a problem. When i play FSX (Micosoft flight simulater 10) sometimes the computer gives a electronic banging sound then restarts. it dosent sound good at all. the windows start and says its recovering for a serious promblem and all that.

was wondering is a from the computer doing to much work during fsx cos of the high graphics.

any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

What kind of machine are you running?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 texconnolly

a pentium 4
    3.4gh
    2g ram
    sapphire 1650 pro graphics x 512mb with lastest driver

• Registered Users Posts: 9 rebels_mascot

Jesus no, that should be plenty I'd say. Is it a laptop or desktop? Try opening the case if it's a desktop. U might have a loose connection. Something similiar happened to me, windows kept restarting and it was due to the ram not be fitted properly (my own fault :o )

Will do

Its a desktop too

no joy

any ideas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Is a crashess a female crash?

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

tom dunne wrote:
    Is a crashess a female crash?

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

no joy

any ideas

Ok, on a more serious note, I had a similar problem when playing FIFA 2005, the laptop would just freeze. No crash, no BSOD, nothing, just frozen.

What fixed it was updated drivers, the old favourite. Make sure and update the drivers on other items aswell, such as sound card, joystick, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Could be a heat problem, Leave the side of the case off. And get a desk fan to blow into it if you have one. If the crashing now stops, you know it is a overheating problem.

Tired all

Cleaned alot of dirt away form fan.

Thought everything was ok. but it happened again. and didnt restart. screen
    just went blue with windows text

all i got to read was last line and it siad
    windows was dumping memory out of the ram. or something like that.

had to turn it off as i thought it was going to blow up.

Come to think of it i bought this cpu 13 months ago its an advent and it is a replacement as the 1st wount had a power problem after 1 week.

• Advertisement
Advertisement