Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with DVD Drive

Options
  • 12-02-2007 12:00am

Everytime I burn an image or files onto a CD or DVD they don't appear in my laptop when I reinsert the disc. I know they copy properly as they work fine on other computers.

Anyone know what's happening?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Try different media.

In some rare situations the burner will not be able to read back the media it has just burned because of the quality of the disc, other drives which can be better readers will still be able to read it.

If the problem persists past changing the media then it may be a software issue (though also a potential hardware issue if the drive is failing).

I've tried everything, nothing works when it's played back.

I reinstalled all the software and even rolled it back to day one.

But no luck, guess I'm going to have to get a new drive. Thanks for the help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Does the drive read burned media from another DVDRW and does it read factory pressed DVD-ROM's ?

If no to both then I'd say the hardware is failing, it is not too difficult to replace internal notebook drives if your lucky and they obey the spec for removable DVD drives. If so you can just use a NEC DVDRW and swap it in.

Advertisement