Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Gear 11/2/07

Options
  • 11-02-2007 11:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Any one else see this tonight? The lads spent the programme in the south eastern USA buying 3 $1000 heaps and driving to New Orleans from Miami.

Very funny, it would put you off Alabama, in particular for life.

Mike.

ps NASCAR sucks, it really does.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimogr

Yeah, missed a few bits of it with phone calls, but what I saw was great.

The devastation in New Orleans is phenomenal.

If I had to choose between the 3 cars would have definitely gone for James

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Lol after watching Talladega Nights i found the Nascar thing very funny.

"Im gonna call up the boys"!!
    Was it just me or did the screen go blank for a long time during the chase? Thought my reception was fecked.

The producers of the show have also talked about the finalgear forums in their topgear blog! Found that funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,956 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

mike65 wrote:
    Very funny, it would put you off Alabama, in particular for life.
    I presumed that was made up for dramatic effect. I somehow doubt, in this era of litigation, that the BBC's insurers would allow it. A pick-up full of rednecks arriving within minutes at a filling station ready to defend the honour of the South was a bit far fetched, even in Alabama. I hope I'm proved wrong. :D

"Im gonna call up the boys"!!
    Was it just me or did the screen go blank for a long time during the chase? Thought my reception was fecked.

Yeah it was sound only for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 28,670 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Quality entertainment. Loved the getaway from the gas station - dunno if it was staged though. It did seem like the gag just went a bit too far. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

I doubt it was staged.. the episode was really good, the cow bit was very funny too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

was a good episode!!i'd go for the dodge....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

God damn i missed it, is it repeated any time during the week?

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭eirlink

playa3 wrote:
    God damn i missed it, is it repeated any time during the week?

wed at 7pm BBC 2

• Registered Users Posts: 7,877 ✭✭✭patrickc

sat nite bbc3 at 8pm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Great show tonight. Nearly wet myself when I saw "Nascar Sucks" on the boot, or should I say trunk, of Mays' car. That's just asking for trouble down south. Great entertainment from the deep south gene pool at the gas station.:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Very good tv viewing but tbh I'm growing tired of Jezza's moaing about the states, even if it is just for tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The Top Gear thread in motors should be merged with this.

What was the point of getting in an audience for 2 minutes worth of footage for the intro and outro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Found the show to be hilarious tonight! My mother was even glued to it:D

Doubt the gas station bit was staged! The deep south is very much like that id say, u really wouldn't want to mess with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

jump leads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Stekelly wrote:
    What was the point of getting in an audience for 2 minutes worth of footage for the intro and outro?

Was thinking this myself as me girlfriend went to Podge and Rodge last night.

Maybe there was a lot of interaction between the three boys and the audience at that particular show! Probably was a free Bugati Veron for everyone in the audience!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Twas a funny episode allright.

The two sniggering gits cutting the cables of May's air conditioning in the middle of the night was just plain rotten :D

I would imagine the intro/outro was shot after last week’s episode using the same audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Stekelly wrote:
    The Top Gear thread in motors should be merged with this.

They probably filmed the links on a day that the full show was on.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jrey1981

Thought this was one of the best Top Gears in a long time.

Wondering if the rednecks thing was contrived too, but it looked real and dodgy enough!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

I only got the last 20 mins and I thought it was class. gona have to watch the repeat

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

priceless stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

kearnsr wrote:
    I only got the last 20 mins and I thought it was class. gona have to watch the repeat
    when is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Wednesday 7 pm BBC2 and Saturday BBC3 7 pm (I think).

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

nice one mike

• Registered Users Posts: 30,031 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

just watched it, thought was very good hour long entertainment. didn't really show americans in the best light... thought Jeremy's car looked awful, like a pre-"pimp my ride" car. The cow incident was a bit strange, as was the slogan challenge... i guess they were trying to be funny, and do a Borat imitation. Nexts weeks robin reliant spaceship show that they advertised after looks like it might be interesting too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

It was a great show i really liked it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

The incident at the filling station wasn't faked IMO. I recall reading one of Clarkson's articles in the Sunday Times before Christmas that mentioned the filming they were doing in the States during the Summer. He said something about running in to trouble. I can't find the exact article on the ST archive. Anyone remember it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The article was published on July 9th 2006 (timesonline search is down at the moment).

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

Advertisement