Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tickets for yankees?

Options
  • 11-02-2007 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭

I'm heading over to NY in April for 5 days and have seen that the Yankees are playing at home while I'm there. My boyfriend would love to go to baseball game to experience it (I've been to one in Wrigley Field and loved it!) so I'm just wondering what the best way to get tickets for the game would be? Should I be getting them on the net now (if so where?) or should we just get them when we arrive?
    Also, anyone know roughly what we should expect to pay for half decent tickets - ones that will give a good enough view of the whole thing!
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

special place in hell for the like of you BigDragon:D

You could also see if the Mets are playing? Shea stadium is good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Thanks for the link - I've no clue really on the stadiums for baseball - any suggestions aobut where is the best place to try get tickets for or where to avoid? If we order tickets online there do they post them to us here in Ireland or do we pick them up on the day?

Hoping to go on Sunday 8th of April to the game and see that the Mets opening is on 9th (day we go home) so thats out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Hi,
    If you order online I think you can have them posted or collect them at the window (though the apostrophe in my name caused all manner of hassle and the agent was snarling at me to get lost!).
    Sitting in the lower levels can be expensive at over $80 for anything close to the action. If you want a good view, get something on the baselines in the first few rows of the upper deck. If you just wanna be part of the atmosphere go for something in the lower levels of the outfield. Both will cost around $60.
    It's a great stadium when you're sitting in your seat, but the back of house is in bits!
    3 years ago a hot-dog, a water, and fries all cost $5 each and you couldnt bring your own stuff in, so bring your wallet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Thanks for the replies - it seems even since the other day when I first started looking a lot of the tickets for the day we wanted to go are gone. Now on the ticketmaster site the website brings up, if i search under 'best available' the tickets that come up are the below.... only $19 so guessing that they're probably hopeless seats?? Any opinions would be great!
    Sorry for all the questions - just don't want to get my boyfriends hopes up for going to a game and then to end up not being able to see a thing or something!

TIER30 L Full Price Ticket US $19.00
    TIER RESERVED SEATING
    3RD BASE SIDE OF STADIUM
    BETWEEN LEFT FIELD TO FAIR TERRITORY
    PRICE LEVEL 15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

yup the reason they're that cheap is that theyre basically right up the back in the corner away from the diamond but hey, you're gonna be there in the atmosphere anyway. If you're not hugely into baseball sometimes its better to sit somewhere that gives you a view of the whole field instead of a close-up of the batter. You could always try the guys selling tickets outside, or ebay?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

I met great scalpers in USA when I went to a few baseball games - they sold me the tix for less than face value....obviously not baserball fans....the fools!

Advertisement