Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB Hub Questions

Options
  • 11-02-2007 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I need to buy a USB hub to tidy up my external devices cos lately I'm getting browned off with swapping/trying to identify which is which cable etc.

Am I correct in assuming a powered hub is best ?

BTW what devices draw power from the usb,would any device that has its own psu still draw power ?

I intend connecting the following to the hub : Film scanner,External HD,card reader and DVD drive.

Anything I should look out for ?

EDIT: Was thinking of buying this one http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?detail=full&ModuleNo=45619&doy=11m2#more_info

Thanks

Seven Worlds will Collide

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Those devices you listed, I assume nearly all have external power supplies? You could just get a PCI USB 2.0 card (around 20 eurons) and slot it into your computer if it were just those devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Sorry Ruu,should have said I have a laptop........:o

Most of the external devices have their own power.

Seven Worlds will Collide

Advertisement