Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gmail is it offline right now

Options
  • 11-02-2007 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭

eh, first time for this to happen me thinks, but can anyone access gmail at the mo? cant even get to the logon page

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

No problem here but I dont go through the login page I use the G-mail manager extension with firefox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Beelzebub

Fine for me right now...I access it through googletalk though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

http://gmail.google.com/

ive tried it on my mobile to, and its saying "server communication error". all i get on the pc is page cannot be displayed but i can get to any other sites. Dang!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,382 ✭✭✭ando

ah, its back up now. manually typed in https://mail.google.com ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

Its been working for me the whole time when I type in gmail.com.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

it wont work for me at all not even the firefox add on or anything else mentioned here... weird

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Fine here....
    Oh and Cutie18Ireland: ASL? :D
    Sorry i could not resist :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

Google in general's been very, very slow for me over the last couple of days... every other site's been fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭zeusnero

gmail is working fine for me - Google Adwords seems to be down though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Saruman wrote:
    Fine here....
    Oh and Cutie18Ireland: ASL? :D
    Sorry i could not resist :D

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭europhile

Both gmail and google are extremely slow for me today.

Also, is there a problem with the www.tesco.ie site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

europhile wrote:

Also, is there a problem with the www.tesco.ie site?

Tesco works fine for me ......

I couldn't get into Yahoo mail last night and tonight it's ok ....

strange world .... :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

while on the subject

is www.bellagio.com working for any of you? Doesn't work anymore for me or my friend in dublin, works for my swedish friend..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

no its not working for me either.^^^^

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

The-Rigger wrote:
    is www.bellagio.com working for any of you? Doesn't work anymore for me or my friend in dublin, works for my swedish friend..

Yup, works for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

xebec wrote:
    Yup, works for me.

so bizzare, thanks for your post

I use firefox generally, but I've even tried on internet explorer, what is up with it!

you are in Ireland xebec?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Yep, look at my location, Trinity College Dublin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,668 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Gmail is working fine for me but I've been having problems with Google Reader all morning. The Rigger, I can't get bellagio.com to load either. I'm with ntl btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Mistmyr

Gmail.com is down for me too, for about the past 2 days...

Im with NTL and i know that they have had probs with different dns servers over the past few months.

Hope its sorted out soon..

Misty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

just tried Bellagio.com and Gmail .....

both working fine for me ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Gmail for me is definitely having it's moments. In the last two weeks I think it has been offline for me about 6 of the 14 days.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Works for me, pretty sure I use it every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭lynch_3001

see what is happening is that gmail, yahoo etc. are doing are constantly updateing their servers so when you try to log in undercertain ip addresses, it wont log in but if you change to a different computer(which will obviously have a slightly different ip address) it will, something to do with windows to windows logging one of my friends told me. or it could olso be an overload in the sysem, too many users trying to check in at the same time, very weighty on the server. and i get all this info from the techies in carlow i.t. damn well maintain servers, but would be the same as say results day for their servers but on a world scale

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Soundman wrote:
    Gmail for me is definitely having it's moments. In the last two weeks I think it has been offline for me about 6 of the 14 days.

its been fine for me since I started using it when it was first launched back in 2004, I've experienced intermittent downtime now and then where it slow or won't login but we're talking maybe an hour at a time and no more then 6 or 7 times in all the time I've been using it

Overall its a pretty good service considering its free :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

that bello site isn''t working for me. Either is Bebo. Gmail is

Advertisement