Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny yet scary video

Options
  • 11-02-2007 12:17am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks
    I stumbled across this.

They get the point across well, well worth a watch for our creationist friends and their sympathisers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

the swearword filter is wrecking the url
    try this:

http://tinyurl.com/3atvla

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Thanks pH I never thought of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Wow that is depressing.
    The bit about hte grand canyon being formed by the great flood all at once....:eek:
    Amazing stuff altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Here's another good documentary on the subject
    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8173723631706439574

It's a Horizons documentary and it's almost 1 hr long. It's good so far!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Great documentary Dave, I dunno Behe creeps me out with his inability to just admit that its creationism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,247 ✭✭✭stevejazzx

Nice documentary, very fair completely unbiased and ultimately showing intelligent design as nonsense. The proposers of ID and their inablity to to equate it with creationism is the crux of the matter. Dawkins squares it up neatly 'ID can't explain anything because it can't even explain itself'. This is very true, iredducible complexity is a good idea but what about the supreme irreducible complexity of the designer? ID is a pseudo scientific movement on behalf of religon in order to try and establish itself alongside real science in the school curriculum so it can ultimately pervert the idea of darwinain evolution which it sees as a huge impediment to word of god.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

stevejazzx wrote:
    Nice documentary, very fair completely unbiased and ultimately showing intelligent design as nonsense. The proposers of ID and their inablity to to equate it with creationism is the crux of the matter. Dawkins squares it up neatly 'ID can't explain anything because it can't even explain itself'. This is very true, iredducible complexity is a good idea but what about the supreme irreducible complexity of the designer? ID is a pseudo scientific movement on behalf of religon in order to try and establish itself alongside real science in the school curriculum so it can ultimately pervert the idea of darwinain evolution which it sees as a huge impediment to word of god.

Unfortunately, every 'irreducible complexity' argument I've seen has been based on misunderstanding the evidence, or a failure of imagination.

The analogy I've used before is that of a machine that has been running for a very long time, and has been patched and fixed repeatedly. There may indeed be bits of string you can't now remove, but the machine didn't have them originally, and worked just fine - they are nothing to do with the original design.

So the idea that what we see represents the original design is codswallop. Not only that, but it's easy to see the creationist paradigm in it - the idea of something either being what it is, or being nothing at all, is obviously based off the creation model.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

Advertisement