Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ecoballs

Options
  • 10-02-2007 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any experience of these chappies as an alternative to regular washing powder/liquid?

I'm sure I heard mention of them recently in an ad for Dunnes Stores? Maybe I'm wrong on that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 socroni

I was wondering the same thing.
    After reading the mixed reviews on this website..
    http://www.ethicalsuperstore.com/reviews/ecozone/eco-balls/#product_eviews

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭sundodger5

Herself got em. Seemed to be ok on the cleaning front but the clothes had a strange odour. probably smelt like clothes actually due to no perfumes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

sundodger5 wrote: »
    Herself got em. Seemed to be ok on the cleaning front but the clothes had a strange odour. probably smelt like clothes actually due to no...
    ...detergent?

I is skeptical. How do these things work exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 sammywilsonjnr

[How do these things work exactly?]

Magic....obviously.

On a serious note I think its to do with the agitation action the pointy bits/nodes/nodules have on fabrics and textiles. Think in terms of old style wash boards and elbow grease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

[How do these things work exactly?]

Magic....obviously.

On a serious note I think its to do with the agitation action the pointy bits/nodes/nodules have on fabrics and textiles. Think in terms of old style wash boards and elbow grease.

Neither magic nor pointy bits:

Product Ingredients

Non-toxic solid washing pellets: Higher alkyl sulphate, Non-ionic surfactant, Sodium metasilicate, Calcium carbonate, Sodium carbonate, Sodium tripolyphosphate, Cellulose gum

Plus the separate treatment of individual stains the instructions recommend. Sounds more trouble than it's worth, TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

gizmo555 wrote: »
    Product Ingredients

Non-toxic solid washing pellets: Higher alkyl sulphate, Non-ionic surfactant, Sodium metasilicate, Calcium carbonate, Sodium carbonate, Sodium tripolyphosphate, Cellulose gum
    Ok, so they do contain detergents, but that sort of contradicts this claim on their website:
    Ecoballs® stand for everything we believe in; they are natural, environmentally friendly, efficient and cost-effective, and deliver a clean, fresh, sensitive alternative to conventional washing powders that pollute our water supply...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 sammywilsonjnr

gizmo555 wrote: »
    Neither magic nor pointy bits:

Product Ingredients

Plus the separate treatment of individual stains the instructions recommend. Sounds more trouble than it's worth, TBH.

My bad - was thinking of these [URL="javascript:ShowPopUp('info%5fDRYERBALLS01%2ehtml',600,500);"]dryerballsnewlr-pr.jpg[/URL]- tumble dryer balls!

Advertisement