Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avg

Options
  • 10-02-2007 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hello all.
    My free avg 7.1 will expire soon
    Should I download the avg 7.5 free edition now or what advice would you give.
    Computer is just for home use.
    Thanks in adv

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Just download version 7.5 and install it now, you should be safe enough with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭nosmo-king

Thanks for that Ruu.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

dammit i'm getting stupid errors upon install,anyone know the fix? from what i gather 'uninstalling norton' is a cure, not that i've ever had norton :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭hopeful

Would be helpful to know what errors you are getting so as to assist you effectively.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Did you remove the old version first? I think it warns you before setup to either close or remove the old version.

John

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Local machine: installation failed
    Installation:
    Error: Action failed for file avgamsvr.exe: creating file....
    No such file or directory

thats the error that comes up

uninstalled

deleted all folders with avg references in doc and settings etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Did you try the "repair" option when installing? That's what they recommend when upgrading from 7.1 to 7.5

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Forget AVG, try Avast or AntiVir instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I found the free AntiVir quite limited compared to AVG - it seemed I couldn't run any sort of scheduling at all with it. Also, those big nag screens every time I updated it were fooking annoying.

Advertisement