Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freddys Nightmares - Theme song

Options
  • 10-02-2007 3:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Just thought I'd ask a question about the above. Does anybody know who composed the themes song for the Freddys Nightmares TV series that was on a few years back? I remember it as being one of the most unsettling pieces of music I've ever heard. Don't know what it was about it, but it creeped the fvck out of me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

Not sure who wrote that but you should check out Freddy's Greatest Hits (with the Elm St band of course) if you haven't already. Really cheesy synth-y 80's music with Freddy saying funny stuff in the background and laughing. Great!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Is that anything like the music videos in the special features on the Nightmare on elm street box set, those are hilarious !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I haven't seen the videos you mentioned!!! Whats so bad about them? I'm guessing cheesy 80's pop music with freddy making a cameo, trying to look creepy but looking ridiculous?

Heres the video with Dokken from "Dream Warriors", there was another Rap one too that was about 10 times funnier again but I cant remember who did it, ill root out the disc after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭trendkill

Check out:

"Nightmare on my atreet" By Jazzy Jeff and the fresh Prince
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cNLmoYdAFY (this is just some kid lip syncing it
    "Nightmare on ADE Street" by MC A.D.E
    "Are you ready for Freddy" by Fat Boys (this was the rap one)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cL5-LJcuMY

• Advertisement

Good stuff Trendkill, those were the ones I was looking for !

I don't think I've laughed that much in a long while!!!!! This "Freddy Humour" is exactly the reason the NOES films went downhill until New Nightmare came out. They tried to turn Freddy into a fvckin comedian instead of a killer!

But look at how it worked for the publicity of the Nightmare films - Freddy Krueger is the probably one of the best known horror icons of all time.

Thats true, and he's obviously the best horror icon of all, but the middle range of films 3-6, would have worked better if he was dark and sinister like the first 2 movies. There was a scene in one of the later movies where he killed some teenager using a Nintendo Power Glove......I nearly cried when I saw that. Just sat there thinking "What the fvck have you done to Freddy??" ha ha ha

Thats true too ....
    Freddy: "Oooh, great graphics"

Have to agree actually, it was for Dream warriors the first music video was released and it actually did go downhill from there.

A Nightmare On Elm Street - Good
    Freddy's Revenge - Good
    Dream Warriors - Not Bad
    The Dream Master - Watchable
    The Dream Child - Bad
    Freddy's Dead - Terrible
    New Nightmare - Didnt Like, but better than the last two
    Freddy vs. Jason - Hilarious

/Strokes Beard

So are Dokken to blame for the films ascent into stupidity ?

• Advertisement

Freddy VS Jason was ridiculous, the only high point of it being that bird from Destinys Child getting smashed against a tree!!! Ha ha. I think after Dream Warriors it became a parody of itself. Then New Nightmare came out and it really surprised me. We had evil Freddy again and a decent horror movie which kept the laughs to a minimum.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

That fat boys song is too good for words. I bought the film for that mostly.

Advertisement