Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"the various types of memory found in modern computers".

Options
  • 10-02-2007 3:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

the various types of memory found in modern computers".
    See section 3 of the module syllabus.

Things to consider,

• Advantages and disadvantages of the different memories/storage devices.
    • Differences in performance and specifications.
    • Speed, size, cost and capacity.
    • Future trends.
    • Differences in the construction.
    • How do they communicate with the processor?
    • Where are they located physically in relation to the processor/each other?

Any1 know where I can get some good info for this, google let me down only really giving me a wikipleda result and other random stores, Solid facts descriptions would be nice

Joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Do your own homework :D

Covered in detail in most A+ books and manuals. Not sure if you want someone to post the answers there or a path to more info.

• Advantages and disadvantages of the different memories/storage devices. More is better :D
    • Differences in performance and specifications. AMD vs Intel when AMD were limited to certain speeds whilst Intel could cpus could use faster ram 400vs667.
    • Speed, size, cost and capacity. changes monthly, buy loads when its cheap sell it on adverts when its dear :)
    • Future trends. Intel and AMD heading towards using the same ram, so memory makes will continues to base the ram on what CPus can/will do.
    • Differences in the construction. Different types of ram to flash memory are made differently ;p
    • How do they communicate with the processor? http://www.acm.org/crossroads/xrds5-3/pmgap.html
    • Where are they located physically in relation to the processor/each other? to the right usually :D

kdjac

Advertisement