Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mortal kombat 2

Options
  • 10-02-2007 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭

anyone have any knowledge on finish moves for megadrve as i dont have the booklet!

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,012 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Firstly you should be playing the arcade version or at least the SNES one. The Megadrive convesion is an utter disgrace. Secondly www.gamefaqs.com will have all the finishing moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭RichyX

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Firstly you should be playing the arcade version or at least the SNES one. The Megadrive convesion is an utter disgrace.

Is it?
    I thought it played as well as any version out there (it's been a few years mind!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,012 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

RichyX wrote:
    Is it?
    I thought it played as well as any version out there (it's been a few years mind!)

It's commonly regarded by fans as an utter disgrace. All the juggle combos from the arcade game were left out which left a very dull game with most of the strategy taken out of it and playing very differently from all other versions. The SNES version had all the juggle combos despite the SNES using memory less efficiently than the MD. The best home version is the 32X version followed by the saturn and SNES.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

It's on Midway Treasures 2. Trouble is, Midway Treasures 2 PAL has no 60Hz mode on XBox, PS2 or Gamecube.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Christoph

I remeber MK2 Amiga version (I had greatAmiga 500+ :D ). It's one of the best games ever made! Unforgettable, and if you ask me the best part of Mortal Kombat series.

• Advertisement

Definitely the best mortal kombat game but still a poor game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Christoph wrote: »
    I remeber MK2 Amiga version (I had greatAmiga 500+ :D ). It's one of the best games ever made! Unforgettable, and if you ask me the best part of Mortal Kombat series.

Except all the bloody disk swapping! I would have gone insane if it wasn't for my 2nd drive :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭Kevster

Johnny Cage is the easiest to do. Just keep pressing forward against the opposing player and then press down+punch... ...and the off comes the head. I had a 54 game winning streak with him while playing against my bros friends.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,554 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mortal Kombat games suck, and suck big time.
    Ever since Pit Fighter this shortlived subgenre of the 2D fighter has been struggling in comparision to the Street Fighter series and the SNK games, and it never ever compared well.
    Give me any fighter bar these ones,
    and the best of them all?
    The Last Blade 2, just love it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

yes MKII was quiet good on amiga,really needed 1.5 mb ram so if you played it on A1200 it cutted down on the disk swapping and enabled more sounds/animations in the game,although your console owning mates would had scoffed at the fatalities,if you pulled one off on the amiga you where asked to insert another disk before you see it :eek:

• Advertisement

The Amiga version looked gorgeous but the disk swapping and only having 2 buttons killed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,633 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Fred83 wrote: »
    if you pulled one off on the amiga you where asked to insert another disk before you see it :eek:

Serious? Hahahaha oh man, that is too funny. Poor Amiga owners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

yup serious,amiga version has way better sound in it mind you,MD sound in its version is pretty crap...

Advertisement