Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

connecting pc to t.v.

Options
  • 10-02-2007 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

anyone any ideas on how to connect a pc to any t.v.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

¬_¬

PC (+TV) specifications? Video card, ports,etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

You usually start by plugging in the cable :D
    Svideo assuming your TV and Video card have a connector.
    Feck all else to do except set the PC to output to TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i tried to do this with an old lappie and it comes out all distorted and only half the size of the screen.think its just the laptop tbh..

but its handy enough just check if u have an s-video connection on the back of the pc (the port for it should be around where the monitor plugs in)

I got a 10 metre s-video and red and white phono cable off www.dabs.ie for €22 shipped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭topher182

i have a laptop and i use an S-Video cable to hook upto the tv and its brilliant! comes out perfect! make sure your tv has AV2S tho or it wont work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭coolkid

how do i set my pc to tvout.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

how do i set my pc to tvout.

What Karoma said;
    PC (+TV) specifications? Video card, ports,etc?

Unless you give us details we can't help you properly. The control panel for your graphics's card is where you setup the multiple display, a TV is treated like a second monitor once the cable link has been made.

Advertisement