Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i find driver .inf files

Options
  • 09-02-2007 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭

Hi, I need to install a driver for a "usb to serial port converter"

The software that comes with it are from a company called huge pine but the disc does not contain a .inf file only 1 setup file .exe

When i try and install via the .exe file it doesent work. I get the code 31 Windows failed to load the drivers bla bla bla. So i dont have a .inf file to do it manually. I scowered the net but they dont seem to have a website nor can i find anyone with a .inf driver to download. There does seem to be a few people with the same problem but nobody answered the threads.

Ive got the software working on a windows xp pc but it had to be done manually, windows 2000 wants you to find the location of the driver myself whereas windows xp searched for me and found it.

After successfully installing it on windows xp i checked the driver information and it says the driver files were serenum.sys files, should they not be .inf files and not .sys files. Can i import the .inf files from windows xp to help me setup it on the windows 2000 machine.:( :(:(:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

serenum.sys is the serial port enumerator in Windows XP it is part of the OS now I can't say with absolute certainty but it is probable XP has a built in driver for the device whereas Windows 2000 does not.

Have you tried updating Win2K to the last service pack released SP4 ?

A little digging has revealed the hex number and vendor ID for the product {usbserial vendor=0x6547 product=0x0232} & that is it a ArkMicro USB-UART Controller which is powered by the ARK3116 chipset.

Further of which Nokia uses for one of their data cables with their phones, download the CA42 USB driver from this link and see how it goes.

Advertisement