Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Actor Ian Richardson dies

Options
  • 09-02-2007 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

IMDB list

thumbnail.jsp?assetID=88670

Great actor, capable of both creey nastyness and warmth always has a place in TV history for playing Francis Urquhart in House of Cards

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

He was brilliant in House of Cards. RIP F U

Mr. Book is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

Was he Natasha and Miranda Richardsons Dad ?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭mickd

No he was Damien Richardsons Dad

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nat and Miranda are the children of Vanessa Redgrave and the late Tony Richardson (director stage/tv/screeen).

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 642 ✭✭✭strassenwolf

mike65 wrote:
    Great actor, capable of both creey nastyness and warmth always has a place in TV history for playing Francis Urquhart in House of Cards

Mike, you might say that...but I couldn't possibly comment.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭McSween

Mike, you might say that...but I couldn't possibly comment.:D

brilliant :D

great actor, i bought house of cards last year, couldnt stop watching it-he is excellent in mistral's daughter and as sherlock holmes also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

rb_ie wrote:
    Who?

House of cards was one of the finest bits of television produced by the BBC. Ever. Adapted from a book by Michael Dobbs. Two sequels were done.

The premise was that Ian Richardson played a high ranking Tory named Francis Urquart and was passed over for promotion by the PM. He doesn't take kindly to this, and the show followed his machinations as he plotted the downfall of the prime minister and his own ascent.

It was brilliant; I didn't see it all, but it was one of the first Television shows where the '4th curtain' was broken in in. In other words, Urquart would look straight into the camera and tell YOU the viewer what he was thinking, etc.

It was a tour de force by Richardson, and pretty much wrote the textbook on how politicial dramas should be presented and, in Richardsons case, acted.

That's who...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Ah, never saw House Of Cards. Unfortunate, RIP.

• Advertisement
Advertisement