Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From the banner

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

:eek:
    my eyes, my eyes!
    So who here thinks that Captain Capslock is Perry Marshall?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

Zillah wrote:
    From the banner ad above:

Origin of the Universe!!! <- Exclamation marks added for effect.

My personal favourite, because its just so stupid and cunning at the same time: "Random Mutation Generator proves Darwin wrong!!!" <--Also for effect

Computer Programmer uses Communications Theory to disprove Darwinian Evolution by Natural Selection. Coming up, my local butcher disproves General Relativity using his "meat gone bad" metaphor.

Theres lots more examples of such shockingly bad misrepresentations of science there, go explore and stare in horror.

I also started a related Feedback thread if you're interested.

from transcript of "If you can read this, I can prove God exists"
    "The cavern has stalagmites (those are the ones that hang from the ceiling) and stalactites, which build up from the floor. " :rolleyes:

A basic error like that can be excused while giving a talk (i heard it in the stream and had to read the transcript to see if i heard correctly). When it was transcribed he repeated the error.

I stopped listening there . . .

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

When I become Ruler of the Universe, I shall be vaporising all of them a la Logans Run.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Beruthiel wrote:
    When I become Ruler of the Universe, I shall be vaporising all of them a la Logans Run.

I was planning on vaporising all of them a la Independence Day...

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

i raise . . .

A la the vogons.

Thumb devices will be dispersed to the worthy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement