Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outlook Express dbx >2GB

Options
  • 08-02-2007 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have an Outlook Express dbx file that has gone over the 2GB limit. Can anyone recommend a quick fix or repair tool that will handle the >2GB file?

thanks
    ambrose :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

This is the Microsoft take on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

I think my problem is that the dbx file is just over 2GB. From what I read 2GB is the limit of a dbx file in Outlook Express. I need some sort of extraction tool but one that will be able to handle dbx files bigger than 2GB.

There are loads of tools out there but I thought maybe someone could suggest an app. that worked for them.

ambrose :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Could outlook import it?

Cal.

Cal,
    I tried importing the messages some time last year, but there were hundreds of emails missing after the import process. Wouldn't trust doing it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Cal,
    I tried importing the messages some time last year, but there were hundreds of emails missing after the import process. Wouldn't trust doing it again.

There is no reason for missing messages. But if you have lost faith in outlook you could try importing into thunderbird.

Cal.

• Advertisement

Yup. Couldn't understand why there were messages missing. Tried it a couple of times. But no luck.

I'm going to give DBXpress a go. Hopefully it'll work.

thanks fo your help!

Just a follow up.

Tried the DBXpress program and it worked a treat. All sorted now.

Thanks!
    ambrose

Advertisement