Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A little Ram help please

Options
  • 08-02-2007 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Ok,
    I have this mother board.
    Sapphire PURE CrossFire Radeon Xpress 200P CrossFire (Socket 939) PCI-Express Motherboard (MB-002-SP)

With 1GB(512 X 2) of this Ram.
    GeIL 1GB (2x512MB) PC3200 UltraX-BH5 CAS2 (GLX1GB3200DC) (MY-042-GL)

And Ibood are selling this Ram.
    Transcend 1GB DDR2-667 PC2-5400 240 pins.

I know I have spare slots for Ram but I'm not sure if the Trancend ram is compatible with my motherboard.

Also, The geil ram I have can't be gotten anymore, I know it's recomended to use the same ram but how much will I loose by installing the Transcend?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Socket 939's will only take DDR1 and that Transcend stuff is DDR2.

You should get any DDR1 RAM at or above PC3200 speed. If its faster than the GEIL stuff, it will clock down.

Something like this http://www.crucial.com/eu/store/partspecs.aspx?imodule=CT12864Z40B
    or have a look on Komplett for similar

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭dwaned

Thanks Pacifico, Ram always gives me a headache when I try to work it out. I'm upgrading to Vista and all the recomendations say to use 2GB, don't know whether or not to buy 1gb and add to my own or just buy 2gb matching ram.
    Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kurisu

vista needs 2gb ram ?! just for vista? im stickin with xp

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

No Vista will use about a gig depending on what you are doing... the other gig is for other stuff like games etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭dwaned

such a pain, I need a new op sysem and got Vista for free (well hopefully will) but then I still have to pay out for RAM!! you would think a new operating system would be more effiecient....

Ah well, what's new

• Advertisement
Advertisement