Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Place to buy new Projector/ AX100E

Options
  • 08-02-2007 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm planning on getting a new projector at last. I have decided to get the Panasonic AX100E (Komplett link)

Now I know its available in Komplett, €1399 + €12 delivery = €1411 which I think is a good price.

Has anyone bought one of these or any other projector and if so, from where?
    Anyone recommend somewhere? I would like somewhere that would do a pixel check, just to be on the safe side.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Bought both my AE300 and AE900 from Komplett. No pixel check but neither had any bad pixels. Chances are slim you would get a bad one but I can sympathise with your worry. I had to overcome my 'it'll be just my luck' midset to 'risk' komplett.

Check over on the PJ section of AVForums for retailers that do pixel checks if you are really worried about bad pixels.
    Most probably won't ship to Ireland anymore because of the Recycling Levy but if you ask over there someone might be able to point you in the direction of a pixel check retailer that does.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

ya I look over there the whole time, brilliant forums(about AV) but a lot of the places they recomended wouldn't ship here or else would only do so if I was qa regular customer.

Aw well.

BTW do you know what panasonics policy is on dead pixels? i.e. if there is a cluster in the middle will they take it back? I know it's a bit of an overkill as a lot of these projectors rarely seem to have dead pixels(or else its smoothscreen does a good job in hiding them!)

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

I ended up getting it in Komplett, with 5m dvi-hdmi cable for under €1400.
    Not bad.

The picture out of it is brilliant, its 1.8m from the wall and I'm getting a 62" screen out of it. Bright it day time viewing. Sky SD looks brilliant on it as does the 360 through vga.

Advertisement