Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MX1000 or MX Revolution

Options
  • 08-02-2007 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I've had my MX1000 for just over a year but it gave up the ghost earlier in the week. I have the choice now of replacing it with another MX1000 or the MX Revolution. I've used the Revolution for a bit and I think it just doesn't feel as comfortable as the MX1000. Does the Revolution just take some time in getting used to it?
    I've asked a few people who've used both and they reckon it's far superior but I don't quite know. I found the MX1000 while heavier to move generally more comfortable. Even my missus who wouldn't care generally what kind of a mouse she was using once she had one voiced a negative opinion against the Revolution.

So which have you used and which do you prefer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

The MX1000 is an alright mouse my bro had one, I had the MX510 for a while but the wiring got damaged inside it and would start and stop working randomly. The mouse I use now is the Razor copperhead and its the best mouse I have used so far. It has 2000dpi which can be adjusted by a side button to increase and decrease dpi depending on what you are doing. I would highly recommend it. ;)

Razer Copperhead™ Technical Specifications

2000 DPI Laser Engine Powered by Razer Precision™

1000 Hz Ultrapolling™ with 1 ms response time as compared with 125Hz/8 ms response time used by other conventional gaming mice

32KB Onboard Memory

• Registered Users Posts: 14,970 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Hmnn I'm familiar with the Copperhead as it's me who orders them in for work! I dunno though if it's what I really want. I like the ease of a cordless mouse, I'm just not sure I'd like a Razer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

what will you be using the mouse for? why would you want to get the revolution, it is incredibly expensive.

General use really, browsing the web, the occasional FPS such as CoD2 and Half-Life 2, browsing boards etc!
    I paid full price for the MX1000 when it I got it almost a year ago and so to 'upgrade' to the Revoluton only cost me a little more.

o right is it still under warrenty?

• Advertisement

It is indeed, just about.

Sure if you dont like teh revolution stick with teh mx 1000, Do you like the scrollwheel on the revolution?

At this moment time not really, it's far to sensitive in the 'super' mode and in the normal mode it's far too 'clunky' feeling. It doesn't seem too much of a Revolution to me, but that's just my opinion.
    I'm a little disappointed actually as every major mouse since the MX700 has been a pretty sizeable improvement, but I just don't really see any with this.

Advertisement