Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with streaming

Options
  • 07-02-2007 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

i stream alot of videos from the net- it was fine mostly quickly and smoothly but a few days ago the streaming got very very slow and the video would keep freezing and buffering would appear the % would go up and down
    anyone have any ideas how to fix this
    have tried a few searches on yahoo and followed few supposed fixes but no improvment

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

which broadband provider are you with? it is more likely to do with your internet connection then your pc. Are you with ntl or chorus by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭reilly110

im with ntl -i think its the best package they offer --which you get for 3 months free at the start
    my internet speed has gone to pot as well in the last week
    is there any way of improving this in any way ??-i play online poker for a living and the slow speeds is doing my head in
    i will take any advice you can offer as my computer knowledge is very limited
    thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

No there isnt really anything you can do, NTL has been really very slow for the past week or two. All you can do is hope it gets better. ( I myself am on NTL aswell).

Advertisement