Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Distance between U.L. And Limerick city

Options
  • 07-02-2007 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Ok just a quick question, going up to ul next year, i might be staying in thomond but im not sure yet just wondering how far away the place is from the actual city itself? Walking how long would it take?

Also where the heck is mary i in relation to ul, i hear its pretty far away? Roughly how long would it take me to get there as the girlfreind is going up there.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Another Tralee head hitting UL eh!

Well you wouldnt really walk to town from here, you could bus it though. I guess it would take 45 mins maybe to walk but not too advisable I would say ?? thoughts on that people..

As for non-car time from UL to Mary I, sorry... no idea, but Im sure someone will give you exact info on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Ah now you wouldn't walk. Cycle, maybe, but walk: no. Well I suppose you can do it, it would just be an awfully long,cold,loud,uncomfortable trek. Get the bus would be much easier. If I were you I would be dancing up the walls because of the fact that your girlfriend is anywhere near you with a free room, the distance between Mary I and UL would not be an issue at all, it would be the best thing ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Funkstard wrote:
    Ah now you wouldn't walk. Cycle, maybe, but walk: no. Well I suppose you can do it, it would just be an awfully long,cold,loud,uncomfortable trek. Get the bus would be much easier. If I were you I would be dancing up the walls because of the fact that your girlfriend is anywhere near you with a free room, the distance between Mary I and UL would not be an issue at all, it would be the best thing ever!
    haha, well getting a room isnt really a problem at home so its not gonna be much different in college.Im just more concerned about getting some burbery wearing types as roommates telling me to "cut yar hair bass" all day.

Yea i thought as much that walking would be too far, whats the craic with the busses, Are there any stops near campus where do they get off blah blah.

Also more importantly, how close would i be to an off licence/Shop in thomand?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

There's a shop in Dromroe so 5 minutes.

There's 2 bus stops on campus (don't depend on the bus between 1pm and 6pm)

Off Licence would be Fine Wines or Champers....Probably both the same from Thomond.....10-15 mins

Town...Half an hour if you walk fast 45 minutes on the bus at rush hour

Mary Dry......hmmmmm.....well you'd have to get to town and walk about 25 minutes south if she's living in Student Accom on the Dock Road

My advice....buy an old banger for goin to Mary I..or..bus it to town and walk out...Total UL-Mary I around an hour and a half/three quarters each way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Pshh, I used to walk from UL to town and vice versa all the time :D If you're gonna live in Thomond village you can easily get to town by cycling in the riverbank, it takes about 15 mins to get to town and is a very pleasant cycle indeed. I used to take one module per week in Mary I, the easiest thing to do would probably be to walk or take the bus to town, then just walk up Henry St and you'll be at Mary I in 10-15 mins.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Bus from UL to town is about 20mins depending on traffic. You can walk from there to Mary I accommodation; takes about 20-25mins to get to Mary I's gate from Brown Thomas in the city centre. Alternatively if it's pissin' rain (quite a possibility) or if her accommodation is further out, you can get a bus from the city towards Raheen which would leave you off on the main road, the closest stop is 5mins from Mary I then.

Alternatively, get a UL girl :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

I've done all fourways of getn from town to UL - walk, cycle, bus and car. Let me tell you, the last one is by far and above the best!

If you're walking you'll need layers of clothing cos of the cold, and then somewhere to stash them in college cos u'll be sweating by the time u arrive. Also, get an mp3 player/ipod, otherwise it'll just be a boring 40 min walk.

If you decide to cycle, be wide - you will get destroyed! Cars, puddles, and Limerick weather = splattered clothes, or worse case scenario, drenched to the bone.

As for the bus, lets just say I prefered to walk or cycle:D They were very unreliable, altho i've heard that things have improved in the last few months.

Eventually, I said fudge that and forked out for a car - best decision ever. Gives you a great deal of flexibility, and if you're not in too late parking is free!

Oh, and you dont have to go thru town if ur going to Mary I (unless you're bussing it). Go to the Parkway, turn left at the roundabout, towards the new Dunnes, keep going straight, through three roundabouts, eventually you'll come to Punches Cross (just past Lidls). From there, Mary I is just around the corner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

dK1NG wrote:
    As for the bus, lets just say I prefered to walk or cycle:D They were very unreliable, altho i've heard that things have improved in the last few months.

No, no they haven't. Things are dire. Tragic, even. And it costs €1.35 now as well. Damn semi-state bodies :mad:

Advertisement