Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to cedar

Options
  • 07-02-2007 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking at building a garden shed/garage and i was thinking of finishing it in a wooden cladding.

i was thinking about cedar until i was quoted a price starting at €42 per square metre inc vat for the timber

i'm not averse to having to treat/varnish the building but i don't want horrible shed/fence grade dirt either.

what type of cladding am i likely to be able to get for around €20 per square metrer inc vat?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭carpainter

JohnBoy wrote:
    what type of cladding am i likely to be able to get for around €20 per square metrer inc vat?

I'm not sure on price but I understand Larch is a very durable alternative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭MT

Is larch difficult to work with as it has a reputation for splitting easily?

This possible problem aside, larch would also be a nice touch as it's indigenous to Ireland and so would give the finish an environmentally 'in touch' feel, that is if your into that sort of thing.

Advertisement