Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logitech Cordless Keyboard & Mouse

Options
  • 07-02-2007 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭

I bought a wireless keyboard and mouse around 2 years ago. As expected the mouse battery life has greatly deteriorated. The recharged mouse lasted around 2 weeks at first and now gives up after around 2 days. The battery is nickel metal hydride. Where could i obtain replacement batteries.

Also, the keyboard has batteries inside it but they dont appear to ever go flat. Any reason for this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I bought a wireless keyboard and mouse around 2 years ago. As expected the mouse battery life has greatly deteriorated. The recharged mouse lasted around 2 weeks at first and now gives up after around 2 days. The battery is nickel metal hydride. Where could i obtain replacement batteries.

Also, the keyboard has batteries inside it but they dont appear to ever go flat. Any reason for this?

That's to be expected. Battery life degrades and mouses are notorious for eating through them. Keyboard batteries last an incredible amount of time simply because they only transmit the actual keypress very briefly. The mouse on the other hand consumes constant power on every little movement.

I'd suggest you look at getting the viking microsoft 1000 from the bargain alerts thread - €12.65.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

That's to be expected. Battery life degrades and mouses are notorious for eating through them. Keyboard batteries last an incredible amount of time simply because they only transmit the actual keypress very briefly. The mouse on the other hand consumes constant power on every little movement.

I'd suggest you look at getting the viking microsoft 1000 from the bargain alerts thread - €12.65.

thanks for the info about the keyboard. i was wondering though, would just some new nickel metal hydride batteries do the job?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,331 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

thanks for the info about the keyboard. i was wondering though, would just some new nickel metal hydride batteries do the job?

If you can obtain replacements then yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

They would. Just try finding the same ones (i.e. same voltage)!

Advertisement