Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arctic Monkeys announce new album

Options
  • 06-02-2007 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭

Album & Single Details

Arctic Monkeys are pleased to announce that their new album entitled ‘Favourite Worst Nightmare’, will be released on Monday 23rd April. The track listing will be;

01. Brianstorm
    02. Teddy Picker
    03. D is for Dangerous
    04. Balaclava
    05. Fluorescent Adolescent
    06. Only Ones Who Know
    07. Do Me a Favour
    08. This House Is a Circus
    09. If You Were There, Beware
    10. The Bad Thing
    11. Old Yellow Bricks
    12. 505

The first single, 'Brianstorm' will be released on Monday 16th April.

from http://www.arcticmonkeys.com/

This is without a doubt going to be one of the most anticipated albums of the year, maybe the decade. All songs are unknown quantities but the band have stated they won't lean too far away from the first album. Hopefully it will be another cracker like their debut and fair play to them for taking on the pressure of following up such a huge debut album in 15 months in an era where new bands tour and whore albums to death for 18 months and are lucky to release follow ups within 2 years.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Hope the tracks are a lot better than that single they released a while ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭pig on the wing

^leave before the lights come on? that was good imo.

yeah, awaiting this album. twill never live up to the old one though. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

yeah, awaiting this album. twill never live up to the old one though. :(

How do you know until you hear it? I never understand this defeatist mentality. Same thing with Damien Rice, people had their minds made up before they'd even heard it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Oh, the big one. This will define them as a mainstay band or just another latest thing IMO. If they pull it off, fair play to them, if they dont, I wont say I wasnt entirely suspecting it. Definately will be anticipated, maybe not more than SP though:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Yea, definitely will be good to see what they can do, Id like to see them pull it off
    Mushy wrote:
    Definately will be anticipated, maybe not more than SP though:P

Not at all looking forward to a new SP album, not liking their stuff at the minute (Still like their older ones though) but I suppose itll be interesting to see if it is anywhere near as successful. Still cant believe that Eyes Open was in that big, seems like it has been in then charts forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

hmm i think he meant smashing pumpkins new album. at least i hope so :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Shouldn't the arctic monkeys be under pop or something. They are hardly what you'd call alternative or independent!

No, why should they? Firstly, there is no pop forum. Secondly, they're on Domino records which is an independent label, therefore yes they are indie in the most basic meaning of the word. Thirdly, the people who use this forum want to talk about them and I think they fit here, if it was off-topic I'd move it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

This is without a doubt going to be one of the most anticipated albums of the year, maybe the decade.

I think that says more about the quality of music this decade, then the quality of the arctic monkeys new album, to be honest

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

iFight wrote:
    Yea, definitely will be good to see what they can do, Id like to see them pull it off

Not at all looking forward to a new SP album, not liking their stuff at the minute (Still like their older ones though) but I suppose itll be interesting to see if it is anywhere near as successful. Still cant believe that Eyes Open was in that big, seems like it has been in then charts forever.

:rolleyes: That's kinda funny.

Pumpkins are a shade of what the were without Iha.

Oh and spot on with the indie comment John. To be smug for a moment isn't it great when people get it wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

enda1 wrote:
    Shouldn't the arctic monkeys be under pop or something. They are hardly what you'd call alternative or independent!
    I suppose one has to be achingly anti mainstream and selling no more than 100 records before one can be considered indie these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Ruskie4Rent

Youtube had them playing D is for Dangerous live the other day, but it's not anymore for some reason. I liked it, but i doubt it would do much to convert those who think they're not as good as the hype suggested. Seems like more of the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

D is for Dangerous and Fluorescent Adolescent sound pretty average by Arctic Monkeys first album standards :confused: Hopefully they'll turn out alot better on record

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Can't say i like "Leave before the lights come on" all that much, but loved the first album. Eager to hear the new album.

Did the bassist leave the band? He seemed to contribute a lot to the first album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Lorax

AIKEN Promotions (not the other 1 ;-P)

http://www.ticketmaster.ie/artist/943852?tm_link=tm_home_f7

€49.50 all the same :eek:

I'd like to see them live but not at that price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Not a big fan of the Arctic Monkeys, though I saw them live and I must say they were pretty good. I realise this contributes little of relevance to the thread, but I think the below needs a response:
    0ubliette wrote:
    I think that says more about the quality of music this decade, then the quality of the arctic monkeys new album, to be honest

I really don't think it's fair to look at the success of the Arctic Monkeys and just assume they are the best out there. In my opinion, this decade is continuing in the fashion of the 90s, i.e. probably the most creative and interesting period in musical history. Maybe I'm biased, but I think the only reason people automatically assume that the musical scene is in some sort of lull is that the music press are becoming progressively worse at picking bands to hype. There's great stuff out there; the Arctic Monkeys are just the tip of the iceberg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

I suppose one has to be achingly anti mainstream and selling no more than 100 records before one can be considered indie these days

Ha ha! Brilliant!
    €49.50 all the same

Ouch. I think it was €8 when they played in Whelan's.

As for the whole second album thing, I'm not that pushed really - they were new and exciting when they came out, now they're no longer new or exciting. My advice? Save the €70 it would cost you to go and see them and buy their album and go out to find some other, equally deadly bands on their way up.

Advertisement