Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate, SG1 Season 10, Episode 12: Bounty [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 06-02-2007 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

Nobody seems to have posted a new thread on this yet, so figured I would, aired on sky 1 tonight at 8pm:

Col. Mitchell returns to Kansas to attend his high-school reunion with Vala when Stargate Command learns of an attack on SG-1 team members.

Thought it was an entertaining episode myself despite the "not much going on" type of episode it was, that bit where the bounty hunter after daniel got hit by the bus struck me as quite funny, it was just completely out of the blue.

Rate This Episode 16 votes

10 - This Is Why I Watch This Show
    0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes
    12% 2 votes
    12% 2 votes
    25% 4 votes
    25% 4 votes
    12% 2 votes
    6% 1 vote
    6% 1 vote
    1 - A few more like this and I'll stop watching.
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Have to say I thought this episode was pretty poor. It was a big let down to last weeks ep "The Shroud".

Vala was prancing around like an idiot again (big surprise there :rolleyes: ), the bounty hunters coming to earth and blending in - not a good idea. If a bounty hunter was really going full-gun for SG1, he wouldn't have given a fu*k about whether or not the locals knew if he were an alien or not.

The bit between Daniel and the assasin was just weird, IMO and Teal'c once again was standing around doing damn all.

Another episode where it breaks the continuity which, I thought, would be necessary for the final film. I realise that "The Shroud" was supposed to be after this episode but still this episode offered nothing of great value, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Episdoe 12 yeah?

When I first read the spoiler for this I thought it was going to be a lame, N.I.D. type episode. Or a 'Grosse Point Blank' rip off. Turned out to somewhat be of 'Lock, Stock' calibre.

But I was surprised, I thought it was very good. Alot better then what I expected. Some good development and that was great start...though I was dissapointed that they weren't on the Odyssey, and Carter's 'narrow escape' was abit of a cop out. Wasn't sure if I liked the 'rescue' from the school but I was seriously expecting a ****e episode so I was pleasently surprised.

Especially liked the 'Final Destination' bit....infact, was this film just a complete homage to other films?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

It was better than i thought ye that bus scene was fantastic.
    But i was disappointed any of you remember Aries Bach (that how you spell it?)
    the bounty hunter who was to capture a tokra for sokar and captured sg1 as well?

I thought he would be in this episode when i saw the name bounty, i guess Sokar was more pissed off than he thought he would be when he didnt bring back the tokra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Enjoyable. and alot of story again. Only disappointing thing was that the bounty hunter seemed to deactivate his personal shield and turn his back on SG1 while transporting, and didnt kill mitchell when he had the chance.. or even try stunning the team before transport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

a big meh from me on this one, after the shroud last week this filler was a big let down.

taken on it's own, it's probably not that bad, and i do like vala even though i know i shouldn't (prancing about in her daisy dukes, ohh yes, always with the prancing...) , and the scene with the bus was very nice, that and the scooby doo reference.

But, i know there are only a finite number of episodes left before the series ends for good, and i'm kinda annoyed that they spend them on pointless filler when there are still loads of Ori ships [7 or 8 total? and the supergate is still open, isn't it] and loads of stuff that they could and probably be doing.

I'd just rather see a slower turning of the tide, rather than they find merlins magical expresso maker Mk2 in the last 2 episodes and wrap it all up in about half an hour.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

terrible episode, but fantastic shortss on vala

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Vala in short shorts .... worth every megabyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Poor pacing let it down. A real filler alright -very light story.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Yeah it could have been better but it could have been worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I liked it, it was pretty good, all the references Final Destination, Grosse Pointe Blank etc.
    Aris Boch would have been a cool addition to the cast but meh.
    There were a few weird bits, like the utterly awful bounty hunters, but then there was Vala shorts and Dr. Lee trying to get some action, heheh.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Thought it was a bit of a stinker myself. Pacing was off - characters seemed to glance around in scenes as if to just lengthen them out for a full running time.

I didn't get the reference to "Final Destination" though - anyone care to enlighten me?

Also nepotism of the deLuises continues with yet another one here. Is that #4 or #5 in the show?

Oh and anyone else catch this episode's author, Damian Kinder, name checking himself? Look at the poster beside the payphone in the school..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

ixoy wrote:
    I didn't get the reference to "Final Destination" though - anyone care to enlighten me?

The bus splat. Although there are also similar scenes in Meet Joe Black and a couple of other films.

I thought it was meh. Continuity was lame. Why would they be escalating tensions with the Lucien alliance just after 4-5 more Ori ships are roaming about?

Any idea why it was shown out of sequence?

Would have liked Aris Boch to be in it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 563 ✭✭✭robnubis

yeah vala in the hot pants and in that dress too :D

Her + Amanda Tapping = (you know what it equals :P )

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Ah it was alright. Some funny bits I guess... usually I like the "filler" episodes, but want them to get on with it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Argh! Stupid Kansas: if that had happened anywhere else the Stargate program may have finally been leaked...which should happen anyway (even though in whatever episode of Sam's that just happened, they vaguely mention its a bad idea).

No way man; you can't bring Jack back with no explaination, have an uberleet episode and then air this crap.

Advertisement