Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows has found corrupt files, lots of them

Options
  • 06-02-2007 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

So i keep getting a windows error that its finding corrupt files and today upon login all my settings, docs etc have vanished :D No biggy i have a image of my install and my my docs where just a backup of whats on my laptop (which still works).

Should i keep using the drive, after ghosting, or should i get rid of it. Windows was telling me to run chckdisc (which found lots of errors) is this the drive ****ing up or windows?

What can cause these drive errors, any way to prevent them in future? I know heat isnt good and the case is well ventilated and i get good safe temps trough out all bits and pieces in the pc.

Jozi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,117 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Could be a cable problem, so might be worth checking the cables and connections.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

eolhc wrote:
    Could be a cable problem, so might be worth checking the cables and connections.
    Not taught of that, ill look into it later.

Just like to add, ive noticed since i started using this drive as my OS drive windows has been slow booting almost as if it doesnt access the drive for a 30sec at the windows splash screen (after post) pc boots fine after that (totally different matter but it my addto the corrupts files problem)

Advertisement