Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cybercrime

Options
  • 06-02-2007 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi there,

Looking to get in touch with anybody who has been the victim of 'cybercrime', I use the word loosely. For a short news/current affairs piece.
    I realise that this isn't something anybody might want to admit to but what I am looking for is someone that can say it has happened to them and that it can happen to anybody.

Thanks.

Anybody interested please private message me, no need to reply to this thread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

no need to reply to this thread.

Ha, there is always a need to reply to a thread. I'm just lacking a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭DaSilva

....but what I am looking for is someone that can say it has happened to them and that it can happen to anybody.

So what you're trying to say is you want to is make the story sensationalistic. Can I ask what media company do you work for? If not, then maybe the type of media you work for, (ie, newspaper, radio, TV).

Technology and general media usually create bull****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 plugitplayit

I want to make the piece interesting/entertaining not 'sensationalistic'. That's a word non-media people like to use.

It would be for TV.

If anybody is interested contact me, if not no need to reply with any comment at all.

Thanks again.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

In Fairness I have yet to see the media get it right when it comes to anything internet/spam/phishing related, they always make shapes out of it and because they do people are scared to even buy on-line from reputable dealers because "they might have their credit card details stolen"

Common sense should be the line the media should be taking,

Advertisement