Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My boot is stuck! (VW Polo)

Options
  • 06-02-2007 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭

The boot in my VW Polo is jammed and won't open! (2000 reg)

The rear windscreen was replaced a few weeks ago (by Autoglass) and they must have let some glass fragments inside the boot itself. My guess is that one of these fragments has made it's way into the lock mechanism and jammed it.

See Overall.jpg for a picture of the full mechanism.
    See Lever.jpg for a picture of the metal bar which slides horizontally.
    See Catch.jpg for a picture of the actual catch which seems to jammed (only opens slightly).

Would like to try and fix it myself so any suggestions welcome?!? :)

Before I bring it to a garage that is... :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Could you free the lock mechinism with some WD-40 or a can of compressed air?. It may blast away any fragments that are caught inside it. My own polo doors (passenger side mainly) get stuck from time to time but I thinks thats due to freezing temps at night. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Try be gently forcing the catch in the third picture in the direction it should travel with a lever. Do this gently. You may crush the piece of glas that has it jammed. You could also try frantically rattling the boot lid/lock in an attempt to free it.

Whatever you do don't force it from the point indicated by the arrow in the second picture as it will most likely snap!

Advertisement