Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DDR2 Ram questions

Options
  • 06-02-2007 10:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

DDR2 RAM questions.
    Right all.

I've got 2 new Geil 1gb sticks dual channel and all that.

I've put them into the system and everything is working perfectly at the stated timmings 5-5-5-15. 800mhz.

I've got another 667mhz 4-4-4-12 stick of ram. sitting spare now.

Q1. If I put the 2 new Geil 800mhz sticks in and the other stick in will the dual channel work correctly assuming i put the modules into the right slots for dual channel and th other into another empty bank.

Q2. Which is better setup.

Setup 1. 2 Gb RAM 5-5-5-15 800mhz.
    Setup 2. 3 Gb RAM 4-4-4-12 667mhz

Answers on a postcard to :D

alos the CPU is a X" 4600+ with an abit K9Ns motherboard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭GinjaNinja

sorry mods this is probabbly better off in the computer hardware>tweaking modding section, move if you wish

• Registered Users Posts: 17,425 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

depends on whether your board has specific single channel slots..
    Plus if you put in a slower dimm into it the board will automatically throttle back the 800 to 667 so they are all in line..better off without it mate

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Ram runs at the speed of the slowest sticks. So all your ram will be @667mhz, at 5-5-5-12.

I'd say with some patience you could find a good middle ground.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I was just about to ask something like this - better to run 1Gb of dual channel 667 ram then assortment of 533 and 667 sticks amounting to 1.5gb?

Advertisement