Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Crap signal from radio

Options
  • 06-02-2007 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭

The reception from the radio in my car is absoutly brutal. It's a blaupunkt (spelling) and the car itself has, I think, the aerial built in to the rear window.Sitting in the airport the other day with a guy washing his windows beside me, every time he want near the back of my yoke it lost the signal., I'm talking RTE 1 here, you should get a reception from that station with a bean can and some string. I can't get Medium or long wave either. What to do? Are those built in aerials usually bad.

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Maybe the socket has come loose at the back of the radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ShoveAllIn

Read the manual. Set it to RDS etc. Known issue with Blaupunkt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

known issue? Ok, I'll try both suggestions, loose connection and rds..etc. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

Is it an Alfa 156 by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

The built in aerials are a disaster as far as I'm concerned, my M5 has one and the radio is hopeless too and I've tried everything, I end up listening to CD's all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Might the amp be shot?

Mike.

Advertisement