Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When do we get our actual Junior Certificates?

Options
  • 05-02-2007 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know when we get the actual Junior Certificate? What we got on the 13th of September was just our "provisional" results.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

back when i did the ol' JC, (about 6 years ago now), we didnt get the actual certificate for a good while afterward, if i remember rightly, i think i got it in the post about a year or so later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

If I remember, my school sent it to me towards the end of TY, got the Leaving Cert then about 11 months after I finished it, from the school again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

So is it just a fancier piece of paper with our results on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Yup apparently so.

kewl, I never knew about this....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Jello wrote:
    So is it just a fancier piece of paper with our results on it?

Not just fancier...its gold:) well it was in 2004. i didnt get mine till 6th year. the school keeps it and you have to hunt them down in some cases to get it. same with the leaving cert

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

yeh, i think in my school they give it to us at the Transition Year graduation. I just want another excuse to get pished! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭ec18

in my school if you did transition year you got it in fifth year if not in six`th

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Cos they're not your actual results, some people appeal theirs so they're really only provisional. I'm sure you'll be allowed to keep the actual certificate.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I've never heard of this
    and I've had 3 brothers and a sister go through their exams,none got these certificates
    I will check up on this in my school
    I want one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

You get it midway through TY. At least we did anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

I still haven't got mine and I'm in my first year of college :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

My ma told me she has hers from her inter cert but I didn't think we still got them with the junior

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

My TY co-ordinator knows nothing about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ladilia

you get it the 13th of september don't you?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,163 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The results come out mid-September but certs are issued later. At least they used to be. I'm a teacher and I can't remember when I last saw the bundle coming into our school - perhaps the SEC don't issue them anymore?

If they do, yours may be in your file at school if you have left a few years ago. I'm not sure they do them anymore though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I thought they were sent out about a month afterward. I have mine anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭BMH

My brother got his about a week ago. He's about to sit the LC and didn't do TY.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

I did TY and then got them a bit of the way through 5th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

what? is it not just the piece of paper you got on the 13 september 2007??

• Advertisement

I'm now in 6th year (did TY too) and still haven't gotten this!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭gemxpink

yeah i think i'll ask the vice about it!

Advertisement