Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frida Hyvönen

Options
  • 05-02-2007 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hehe, now you managed to play two songs at the same time :-)

About Frida Hyvönen from www.lickingfingers.com

Frida Hyvönen has been without a home for nearly a year. She got bored and restless in her apartment in Southern Stockholm and gave up her lease. Since then she has been travelling and touring all over Europe and the US. Playing shows, visiting friends, writing new songs.

She has also found the time to record a new album – Frida Hyvönen Gives You: Music From The Dance Performance 'Pudel'. It's the first release in her experimental 'Frida Hyvönen Gives You'-series in which she intends to put out whatever she feels like, be it instrumental music, spoken word or even "a new, very foul language", as she herself puts it.

The music on this album was originally written by Frida for the dance performance Pudel, directed by choreographer Dorte Olsen. In September she recorded the songs together with a small orchestra – some horns, a small choir and a string quartet – in collaboration with producer and string arranger Jon Bergström. The recordings take the music way beyond being the soundtrack to a dance performance. Just listen to 'Fall Is My Lover' or 'See How I Came Into Town' or any of these numbers. Heartbreaking songs, boldly arranged, beautifully played and with Frida's exceptional voice at their core.

Licking Fingers are very proud to release Frida Hyvönen Gives You: Music From The Dance Performance) 'Pudel' on January 24, 2007.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 viva el tequila

No, it was ME! Sorry...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 viva el tequila

Please, no tapes! It's enough listening to you on Mondays ;)

Say hello to poor Piotr from me.

/Beckie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭pastis

Thanks a mil, Betsie! For the information, for Frida Hyvonen's CD, and for listening.
    Finger-licking good!

Val

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭pastis

I will say hello to our kranky Piotr. Frida should somewhat calm him down.
    Tapes rule.
    Have a good night!
    Please, no tapes! It's enough listening to you on Mondays ;)

Say hello to poor Piotr from me.

/Beckie

Advertisement