Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tolan phase technology

Options
  • 05-02-2007 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Theoretically speaking, does Tolan phase technology penetrate shields?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Yes i would say it does

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭somuj

How they didn't just attach it to a bomb and blow those Go'auld ships in orbit that time they were under attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

How come they didn't fall through the floor?

somuj wrote:
    How they didn't just attach it to a bomb and blow those Go'auld ships in orbit that time they were under attack.

Excellent point i was wrong. They pass though a solid object but not a energy shield
    mcgarnicle wrote:
    How come they didn't fall through the floor?

Probbley some form of gravity displacement

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

you sure they don't pass thruogh shields? didn't anubus want it for going blowing everyone else up? the through solid objects would only be massively usefull against the earthling noobs and their iris...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

Yeah they could go through shields, thats why Anubus didnt just wipe them out when he could. The tolans didnt just strap one to a bomb and defend against the gaould because they probably didnt have any bombs. They were a peaceful people that hadnt been involved in any wars for centuries, their ion cannons were their only defence.

Not true, as I recall they were building bombs for the snake heads so that they could send thru the tauris iris.

You are right they where building phase shifting bombs and where ordered to send one though to earth

oh yeah,:o whoops, memory of season five is a bit blurred, sorry.

Thats why I was curious about the shields. Makes little sense that if they can penetrate shields that they would have been building exploding devices for the snake heads if they could just throw a bomb into the sky and obiterate them.

Maybe the writers were just sleepy that day.

• Advertisement

Personally id say they could go through shields. We never learned of any other planet with a physical iris like earths protecting the stargate so i cant see why they would made so many bombs which such limited application.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

They were also pwnz0red.

They were also pwnz0red.

Can any one make sense of that ^??

Advertisement