Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Colour Coding Door Handles

Options
  • 05-02-2007 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭

Anybody know of anywhere in Dublin that will colour code door handles? I gave carcraft.ie a call but they wanted €300-€400 to do it :eek: I didn't think it would be quite that expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

fletch wrote:
    Anybody know of anywhere in Dublin that will colour code door handles? I gave carcraft.ie a call but they wanted €300-€400 to do it :eek: I didn't think it would be quite that expensive.
    A friend of mine had it done a couple of years ago and, as I remember, it cost money of that order. To be honest, i'd just forget about it. There are so many better ways to spend money on cars.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

fletch wrote:

Isn't that a nice job for yourself on a Sunday afternoon or 2 ? its not difficult and wont cost a bomb. Go and ask your nearest scrappie for the 2 or 4 handles required. i wouldn't pay more than 20 - 30€. find out the colour code for your car. go to motor factor get some fine sandpaper, primer, colour and clear coat.
    If you read up about how to do it and take your time they will turn out perfect.
    total cost ~50 - 60 € max. feeling you get when you have accomplished it PRICELESS:D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Excuse the ignorance, do you mean that you want to re-paint the door handles of your car? Why?

I mean that sincerely, is that a part of the whole car-modding thing, I've never been into that but would like to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

r3nu4l wrote:
    Excuse the ignorance, do you mean that you want to re-paint the door handles of your car? Why?

I mean that sincerely, is that a part of the whole car-modding thing, I've never been into that but would like to know.

Same reason you don't see very many cars with black plastic bumpers these days, it looks better in most peoples opinions and I'd hardly get some parts of the car colour coded 'car modding'. :rolleyes:

mloc123 wrote:
    Same reason you don't see very many cars with black plastic bumpers these days, it looks better in most peoples opinions and I'd hardly get some parts of the car colour coded 'car modding'. :rolleyes:
    Of course it is, the term 'car modding' means modifying the car from its original factory spec. This can be anything from colour-coding door handles to flip paint and beyond.

• Advertisement

mloc123 wrote:
    ...and I'd hardly get some parts of the car colour coded 'car modding'. :rolleyes:

Tahnks mloc, I get it all including the bit about it all looking better in most peoples opinions but the second half of that sentance makes no sense :confused:

Do you mean you'd hardly call getting some parts of the car colour coded, 'car modding'?

EDIT: Oh, and I'd agree with Anan1, it's hardly installing a new air intake grille or muffled exhaust but it is modifying the car from factory state to something 'better'.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

Fair enough. I would have thought the modifications would need to be more extreme to be considered 'car modding'. I would see it more like aftermarket extras... in other words something that may have been a factory option but wasn't pick.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,396 ✭✭✭fletch

r3nu4l wrote:

Yes I mean painting the door handles cause they are black and look cheap and tacky IMO. I wouldn't exactly call it modding in the traditional sense of the meaning.
    And yes as mloc points out it is more to do with lifting the look of the car than modding it, i.e. the newer models of my car have colour coded handles, mine doesn't.

Ah, I get it :) And yes, I take the point that it's not traditional 'modding' but for someone who finds adding air freshner to his car a chore this seems like madness* :D

*Not to be taken seriously, I do see why you are doing it now. :)

mloc123 wrote:
    Fair enough. I would have thought the modifications would need to be more extreme to be considered 'car modding'. I would see it more like aftermarket extras... in other words something that may have been a factory option but wasn't pick.
    Like colour-coded door handles?;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement