Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

take one item off a dvd

Options
  • 05-02-2007 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭

I have an amateur video, on a DVD of a show. Lots of different people singing etc. I want send one part of it to someone, i.e. I want to take one song off the DVD and make it into a separate video. How can I do that? Sorry if I am not explaining my self too well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

It depends how it's done. There's two ways that I can think of:

1) Use DVD Shrink, which will allow you to copy sections of a DVD, but only if the DVD was made with chapters etc.

2) This is the hard way. If it's just one long video, what you can do is use some program to rip the whole video into and AVI file (some programs will even let you rip the exact section, by asking you for start and end points to start ripping). Then you need to edit the movie, by basically deleting everything before and after your clip. Windows Movie Maker is free to download, I think, and this'll do it for you. Once this is done, you can either pop the AVI file onto a disk for someone to view on their computer, or if you have a dvd burning program like Nero, you can just burn a new DVD using the ripped section as the source.

I'm sure someone else here can give you a better way though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Yeah Windows movie maker should be able to do the trick

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭purple'n'gold

humanji wrote:
    It depends how it's done. There's two ways that I can think of:

1) Use DVD Shrink, which will allow you to copy sections of a DVD, but only if the DVD was made with chapters etc.

2) This is the hard way. If it's just one long video, what you can do is use some program to rip the whole video into and AVI file (some programs will even let you rip the exact section, by asking you for start and end points to start ripping). Then you need to edit the movie, by basically deleting everything before and after your clip. Windows Movie Maker is free to download, I think, and this'll do it for you. Once this is done, you can either pop the AVI file onto a disk for someone to view on their computer, or if you have a dvd burning program like Nero, you can just burn a new DVD using the ripped section as the source.

I'm sure someone else here can give you a better way though.

thanks for your help

Advertisement