Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can't get incoming mail on outlook express

Options
  • 05-02-2007 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭

While sending out a bulk amount of emails last week, there was a power cut at the same time, and since this I cannot get any incoming emails with microsoft outlook express. No problems with outgoing email! So there seems to be a hitch with the POP3 server from what I can gather, and as I don't know anything much really about this I really need someone's help.

I downloaded a program called native POP3 connector which supposedly does a standard check and solution, but there was an interruption, said 'cannot detect schema master', and could not install.

Basically, then, outlook is unable to connect to my incoming POP3 email server, and I have looked at the basic settings and I think everything looks fine. Anyone have any ideas? Would be really grateful for any info. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Might be an idea to reinstall Internet Explorer and Outlook Express from the Microsoft website. Then check the settings again.

BTW are you really sure that the settings are ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭pog it

Thanks AvnsIs. How do I re-install?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

pog it wrote:
    Thanks AvnsIs. How do I re-install?

If you want to pm me your connection details, I'll check the connection for you.
    up to you, but you can trust me :D

edit: if you prefer, I can tell you how to check it yourself.

Hi, can I just confirm with you what about the settings I should be looking at? I may have missed something. Would prefer to check that out before I re install

• Advertisement

tools - accounts - click your account - properties

ok, I'm in outlook express, with a different kind of background, not the grey that you have on your screen shot, and I only have 'outgoing server' tab, and an option to make settings the same for incoming. Even when I checked this box, this still did not change the situation for me.

pog it wrote:
    ok, I'm in outlook express, with a different kind of background, not the grey that you have on your screen shot, and I only have 'outgoing server' tab, and an option to make settings the same for incoming. Even when I checked this box, this still did not change the situation for me.

How techy are you? Could you post a screen-shot? I'm getting busier as the day goes on, so I've limited time to help :)

I'm not at all techy, I can get on with basic things. Have tried right clicking when the screenshot is up. It's definitely microsoft outlook though but I guess that isn't much of a help:o

Advertisement