Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap PC Speakers?

Options
  • 05-02-2007 1:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

I saw some very cheap pc speakers in argos catalogue.
    They were only 12.99 mikomi 2.0 speakers?
    I was wondering would they have clear sound?
    would they be muffled?
    would they be of bad quality for that price?

Anyone tried them?

I dont want powerful bassy sound just something thats clear and okay for playing games, vids and basic pc stuff just wondering are they ok for that? or would I better off going with a less cheap pair?

Also was thinking of connecting my 360 to my monitor got a 17 inch samsung lcd monitor and was wondering could I get sound through those basic speakers using the vga cable(if I went for them)?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭H3LLg0d

they are a bit dim and sound withouth no bass at all,,very minnimal

I have have a boxed pair in box ,from argos with receipt and everything for 5 bucks if ye want:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭gamer

They had speakers in GAME shop 20euro.Gamers speakers brand .2speakers with amp about 5inch by 5 .The sound is very good,for videos cds, mp3s.Very good for games.I recommend them ,very good value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Ok the mikomi ones sound bad but I might try those Game speakers they sound good.

thanks guys.

Are these good?
    The logitech r10 2.0
    http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-970152-0403-R-10-Speakers/dp/B0007Z9QMG

They seem to be getting good reviews.
    I wonder have they got rca inputs though and in other words would they connect to xbox 360?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Soundman

Not sure if this is out of your budget but...

http://komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=307397&view=detailed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

quinnd6 wrote:
    I wonder have they got rca inputs though and in other words would they connect to xbox 360?
    You can get RCA->3.5mm jack adaptors in places like Maplin for under a tenner.

Ok and are these RCA->jack adaptors compatible with all speakers?
    and
    Are they available in most electronic shops in Ireland?
    cos I dont have a credit card so I dont shop online

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Maplin have a few stores in Ireland, and a lot of other shops who do AV cables will have them too.

I can't guarantee they'll be compatible with *every* speaker system. PC speakers generally either have a 3.5mm jack socket for the input, or (esp. with smaller/cheaper ones) a hard-wired input cable with a 3.5mm plug on the end. Also, I don't know which way you're connecting it to your xbox, i.e. if there's phono sockets or plugs on whatever xbox cable you're using. There are cables and adaptors to accomodate for all of these situations though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭srdb20

Buy cheap, Buy Twice!

Advertisement