Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

exter. hd screwed need help urgently!!!

Options
  • 05-02-2007 12:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭

there about a week i was in college, about to kick back on a friday afternoon with a lan game with my homies on the good pc's that they have in the local college.
    hook up the hd to the first comp. transfered the file as normal, disconnected via the usual channels(dismount drive etc) went to connect it to the next computer, didnt even move it across the table, came up as usual(found new hardware, etc. went to look for the drive, in my computer as usually is the case, couldnt find it, so went to change the drive letter via the admin tools.
    found the drive, "maxtor 3000(or something like that" "279gb" and the "unallacted" where it usually says heathly, ntsf etc.
    tried it on another computer, still nothin, tried it on my own computer which it had previously been hooked up to, and the same again.
    its looking for me to drop a new partition in, but doesnt that mean i have to format the drive, and by doing this i will loose all unbacked up pics etc that i had and wish not to loose.
    please im desperate!?!?!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055046905

try the program there that netwhizkid recommends.

it won't delete anything off the drive but you may be able to recover it.

note of warning though if you find your files on it copy it to another hard drive and don't try recover the files to the same hard drive as you'll more the likely over write the files.

it's worth a shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭lynch_3001

i have been fake testing this software you recommended last light, i see one fatal flaw with it though. the drive must be assigned!! i need something that can go in and find drives that dont exsist, this one seems to only find drive that do exsist, that was the problem.
    also could someone back up something i was told.... i had this formatted in ntfs, and windows has "little man syndrome" when it comes to drives formatted in ntfs over about 30g's and says "dont like you" decides to pack in all the info on the drive, thus detoring all things on it, and if this is the case is there a converting programme that will convert the drive from ntfs to fat32 without damaging the inforamtion on the drive??
    again PLEASE HELP!!

Advertisement