Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Classic Army Steyr Aug A1 review

Options
  • 04-02-2007 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭

Review of Classic Army Steyr Aug A1

Picture056.jpg

First impressions: The post man arrived with a box that had tape that said ‘opened by customs”. I put it on the kitchen table to open a big blue box with a picture of a Steyr Aug on the front.

I opened the box to find a big od green and black styer aug. When i took it out of the box i was pleased to find it had a nice weight 3.3kg to be precise. It was very well balanced and fits in my shoulder nicely.

The scope: The scope is the exact same as on the real thing, it is a crosshair with a thick circle at the middle. It has a 1.5X scope which performes brilliantly in most areas.

The exterior: The receiver, butt, magazine, handle and cocking handle are all high quality, strong abs plastic. The outer barrel, scope, flashhider and sling swivels are all metal. The magazine is transparent so you can see how many bb's you have left.

Zeroing in and hop-up: Zeroing in the gun is very easy there is a tool supplied that fits in a groove at the bottom and side of the scope. The hop-up is easily set as well just pull back the cocking handle and lock it into position, this reveals the hop-up unit under the ejection port.

Performance: Now that i have skirmished it i can say that it preformed beautifully, it out ranged most of the other aeg's and was extremely accurate. Magasine changes were fine despite it being a bulpup rifle. The magazines were flawless and the see through function is brilliant.

Conclusion: I think this is a super aeg. I've put more than 6000 rounds through it and its been flawless. It has excellent range, superb accuracy and looks great. Its only downside is the fact that it does not have lots of upgrades avaliable.

Value:10/10
    Quality10/10
    Preformance:10/10
    Upgradeability:3/10
    Overall:9/10

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement