Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audio problem

Options
  • 04-02-2007 8:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭

Basically my sound just stopped working. Anytime i open itunes etc i get an error of "..has detected a problem with your audio configuration."

I've gone into Sounds and Audio devices and it says "No audio devices". Speakers are still plugged in.

Any idea's how to fix this?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Reinstall your sound cards drivers. They should be available either from the manufacturers support website, or may be on a disk that came with the computer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

"no audio devices" refers not to your speakers, but to the soundcard or onboard sound.

Go to Control panel
    system
    hardware
    device manager, and look for
    sound, video and game controllers. Click the + to open
    does anything have a yellow ! or a red x ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I did the troubleshoot and it worked (had to roll back device), only fixed it on that user account though. Looks like i'll have to fix it on each user.

Thanks for the help.

Advertisement