Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WIndows Explorer Problem

Options
  • 03-02-2007 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi Everyone! I had some photo's on my phone that i needed to put onto pc, dont have card reader, so decided to send them by bluetooth, installed adapter, and got the two reading one another, copied my photo's folder to the desktop and after that everything went downhill.. I disconnected phone, then adapter and then clicked on photo's folder to access folder, got an error that said, windows explorer has encountered a problem and must close, now whenever i click a folder, try to open explorer or just my computer i get the same problem, i left it for a while then later that night, i burnt a dvd to disk, tried to eject it, now that wont come out!, i've removed bluetooth software, tried system restore, anyone have any ideas as to what i can do??? appreciate the help thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

If you are trying to eject the disk, put a straightened paper clip or similar into the tiny hole on the dvd drive and push. It's an emergency eject.

Overall, you may need to reconnect the phone for explorer to behave correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

System restore failed? That sounds rough.
    You could try updating service pack, even if its the same one you hae installed.. might settle it down. You might have to run a repair install of windows though. Takes ages but will not break any settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭kazper

Thank you both for replies!! I will try paperclip job shortly, on laptop at the moment!! How do i repair install windows! its a dell pc and dont think it came with any disks?? thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

You'll need to call Dell for the Windows XP cd for the repair installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I'm not one for hastily restoring or repairing Windows before even finding the cause of the problem :(

Look at the Event Viewer (Control Panel -> Administrative Tools), and look for any warnings or errors there (most likely under "Application" or "System").

• Advertisement

It wont even let me into control panel :( i get same error message up again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,641 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Does the start menu still work? Try going to Run and put in "compmgmt.msc" - that'll bring up Computer Management, and Event Viewer is on that as well.

Hi, yeah i could get into it, i see a few errors. mostly all saying the same thing, i just remembered i was trying to do something with a friends mp3 player, and now that i think of it, that is probably when i started having problems, i will attach some of the errors, the explorer one is all over the place, obviosuly for every time i tried it then there are a few others too!

Advertisement