Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

condensation on inside of windscreen

Options
  • 03-02-2007 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭

why am i getting condensation on inside of my windscreen when i get into the car in the morning. it is like this before i start the engine and is more beads of water than mist like on the rest of the other glass. ive never experianced this before (car is 2003 vw golf), and there are no leaks i can see.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,109 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Water getting in somewhere? Check all mats (even under them) and boot.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

Sometimes can be a sign of a small leak in the heater matrix ( small version of a radiator that the air passes through to heat the inside of the car )

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

bushy... wrote:
    Sometimes can be a sign of a small leak in the heater matrix ( small version of a radiator that the air passes through to heat the inside of the car )

seems dry inside everywhere else? also would the heater matrix not show up as coolant loss? it is def not loosing coolant thats for sure. must be something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

I know its off topic, but with all this talk of Condensation:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Pollen filter housing are prone to leaking water into the cabin on some VW models, especially if they have been refitted incorrectly. Check the rear passenger footwells for dampness. Also check door and window seals for water ingress. Do you keep the air recirculation on all the time? This can cause excessive condensation. Also be sure your pollen filter is clean, if it is blocked it will seriously restrict fresh air flow into the cabin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭nodger

lomb wrote:
    why am i getting condensation on inside of my windscreen when i get into the car in the morning. it is like this before i start the engine and is more beads of water than mist like on the rest of the other glass. ive never experianced this before (car is 2003 vw golf), and there are no leaks i can see.

Did someone put a water repellent like RainX on the interior of the windscreen?
    That causes normal condensation to bead in the manner you described.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,335 ✭✭✭✭Victor

On the previous night, do you get into the car wet? Do you vent the car before finishing for the night?

Advertisement