Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The IT Crowd

Options
  • 03-02-2007 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there's going to be a 2nd series? Please say yes:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yes! :)

We're the only two who like it on boards!

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I quite liked it for the most part.. apart from a patchy first episode, the rest of the series was quite enjoyable!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭LundiMardi

I thought it was awesome!!! One of the best sitcoms around at the moment:) I especially loved the first one with the goth, haha, hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 413 ✭✭spooydermot

theres a few good laughs to be had from the IT Crowd allright, the goth one was great!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

I enjoyed it too - they started to put in a story arc just as it ended. Hopefully it'll be back again.

Yer wan (the IT manager) is in the ad for Malteseers (a bit of a step back, IMHO, unless she needed the money!)

• Advertisement

I think the maltesers ad was made before the IT Crowd... And although i don't have a link and can't be arsed to find it, i read somewhere that the new series won't be here until the (end of)summer:(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I thought it was really good and so do the people I work with, so much so that we refer to our IT dept as the IT crowd. Behind their backs. After we let slip that night in the pub, they haven't spoken to us much.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

jemoeder.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

was great show
    loved the one with the vampire

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

just to let you all know they are making a US version

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I enjoyed this too. Good mix of satire and slapstick comedy. Some people really really despise it though. But personally I thought it was a refreshing change from your average sitcom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I'd like a second series of this show. Seemed to get a very poor reception first time around but now has a growing fanclub.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

User45701 wrote:
    just to let you all know they are making a US version

please be joking

Its true

Classic scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1TJbYa9LWQ

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

It's a show you either love or hate. I loved it but I didn't know many people who watched it so perhaps they didn't get enough viewers to make a seond series. I hope they do though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I thought it was shít.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I used to work in IT and it's sad how much I could identify with them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

humanji wrote:
    I used to work in IT and it's sad how much I could identify with them :(

when i was like 14 i was doing work experience in IT, they must have loved it because being so young i thought it was kool that i got to tell adults what to do and yes i did use the words "did you try turning it off and on again" or the people who pull out the keyboard so they didn't have to start work till someone came down to fix it...

mike65 wrote:
    Its true

Classic scene

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1TJbYa9LWQ

Mike.
    hahaha, hilarious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I thought it was good...but for some reason Chris O Dowd and Richard Ayoade's performances really got on my nerves, although I quite like them in some other stuff.

I thought Chris O Dowd was a real find in it.. whereas Richard Ayoade was beyond irritating in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Crucifix wrote:
    I thought it was good...but for some reason Chris O Dowd and Richard Ayoade's performances really got on my nerves, although I quite like them in some other stuff.

Got to agree here Chris O Dowd was bloody annoying the whole thing was really over acted there were some great ideas there but the performances let them down - everyone was too over the top

eamon thats the IT Crowd 'house style'. So expect more SHOUTINGS.

Mike.

A US version is starting on NBC in September... will the American's never learn to stop remaking British comedies after 'Coupling' and 'Men Behaving Badly'?!

'The Office' was the only exception.
    The latest new comedy from NBC is "The IT Crowd," based on the acclaimed British series that takes a behind-the-scenes peek at the misunderstood techies (Joel McHale, "The Soup," and Richard Ayoade, "The IT Crowd" -- U.K.) who toil in the Information Technology department of a large, impersonal corporation. "The IT Crowd" is scheduled to join the NBC schedule during the course of the 2007-08 season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭homah_7ft

So the guy from the IT crowd is in it? Does that mean there won't be a second series? I thought it was funny. The performances were unusual and I liked that. Alternating between deadpan and ham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I see Richard Ayoade is in the US version and Chris O'Dowd is now doing a different comedy show on the BBC so I wonder does this mean no more after this series? I hope the US version doesn't fcuk it up like they normally do with remakes.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

'The Office' was the only exception.

no.... no it wasn't.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,555 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

homah_7ft wrote:
    So the guy from the IT crowd is in it? Does that mean there won't be a second series?
    The second series will be appearing on Ch4 in the near future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,008 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

It had its good points Ayoade who has done do much harm to comedy over the years was decent in it to my surprise as was O'Dowd who I never rated before it. The lady however was totally rubbish and Chris Morris was very poor, this and Nathan Barley confirms what everyone had feared over the last few years, Morris one of the most important comedy writers of the last 20 years has lost it big time.

Advertisement