Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gigabyte Motherboard

Options
  • 03-02-2007 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody know where I can buy a Gigabyte GA-81915PM motherboard or something very similiar? Online or elsewhere, tried Peats, Maplins and PC world already

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Google tells me this is a Packard Bell special not normally listed so finding it in retail will be unlikely.

eBay is your best bet or something other avenue.

The actual board is a mATX Intel 915P chipset of which you can source a replacement in retail so it should get the system back up & running though you may need to re-install sound drivers or some such if they are different.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭game4it70

had a look and cant find that board but i have this one if any use to you ga-81945p-g

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Try Komplett.ie

They have a huge selection of PC Components and accessories and the prices are in Euros :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

game4it70 wrote:
    had a look and cant find that board but i have this one if any use to you ga-81945p-g

Might do the trick.. pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭game4it70

pm sent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Be aware the ga-81945p-g is a different chipset the Intel 945 series and will need to take steps if your RAM isn't compatible and you are attempting to boot an existing Windows installation on a hard drive.

Your motherboard uses DDR and is mATX, the board game4it70 is offering uses DDR2 & is ATX so it wont fit unless the case can accept full size ATX boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Thanks for all of the replies but i've just gone and bought me a whole new machine....

Advertisement