Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows hardware error message

Options
  • 03-02-2007 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭

Ok so everytime i boot up my pc its fine, it gives me login choices and all that but when it starts to load stuff up it crashes. works fine in safe mode though.

the following error message appears:

A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen
    Restart your computer. if this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Run a system diagnostic utility supplied by your hardware manufacturer.
    in particular run a memory check, and check for faulty or mismatched memory. try changing video adaptors.

Disable or remove any newly installed hardware or drivers. disable or remove any newly installed software. if you need to use safe mode etc etc etc

Technical information:
    *** STOP:0x0000007F (0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000,0x00000000)
    Begining a dump of physical memory
    Physical memory dump complete.
    Contact your system admin or tech support group.

So any ideas?I ran safe mode, did a system restore. ran diagnostics on memory and got nothing...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Which diagnostics for the RAM did you use? Memtest, was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Smurfpiss

ehh no it was a crappy dell diagnostic thing. i used memtest afterwards. anyway it was a dodgy bluetooth driver. now to get rid of it..
    thanks for the help ruu. as always :)

Advertisement