Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External DVD Burner Question

Options
  • 03-02-2007 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I'm considering buying this external DVD burner :

http://komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=327994

Looking at the manual online I see the PC specs are Pentium 4 2.8Ghz + 512 MB ram.
    I have an ageing Sony laptop with DVD playback only,its processor is an AMD Athlon m 2200+ I have 1 Gig of ram fitted.

Do you think it would have enough horsepower to run this external burner

Thanks

Seven Worlds will Collide

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,119 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

should be fine for that spec of machine. if pc doesn't support usb 2.0 there might be a problem, but most machines from the last few years have this, if you're worried check the laptop spec

• Registered Users Posts: 6,826 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Thanks, yea it has USB 2 OK.

Ah sure I might as well buy it and see,only 66 quid anyway.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Those requirements are a little over the top the burner will work perfectly fine. They are possibly referencing Nero as that has become a bloated application, try CopyToDVD instead much more light weight and easy to use.

Also install the Samsung Live Update software as that will keep the firmware up to date of the DVDRW which is important for media compatibility.

Thanks for the tip 8T8

• Advertisement
Advertisement