Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Usb 2.0 card???

Options
  • 03-02-2007 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭

Ok in the market for a new mp3 as my 20 gig is now both old and full, Prob gonna get an 80 gb i pod just cause its slim and its 80 gigs and its got a slightly better battery life than the vision m.

Anyway onto the topic, I apparently NEED a usb 2.0 port to work the ipod, makes sense but even if i didnt id still want one anyway cause transfering 20 gigs via usb 1.0 is NOT FUN.

Anyway whats the cheapst option of ugrading to usb 2.0, I assume you can get a usb card like your regular sound cards and stuff yea? Would anyone care to point me in the direction of the cheapst one possible?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Yep, USB 2.0 PCI card is what you are looking for, probably cost no more than 15-20 eurons. Slot it and off you go.

This one is fine from Komplett.ie, 15 euro minus shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

Ok i have totally forgotten most of this computer stuff but this is a fairly old computer and i think...i think its an agp board(could be so off that there is even no such things as agp boards). Is this gonna **** me over?

Unless your computer is ancient then its going to have a PCI slot (they came in mid 1993 I think), the AGP slot is for graphics cards (it looks like that brown one in the picture below actually). You shouldn't have any issues.

The white ones there are PCI slots.
    sv78o79c.jpg

Yup got one of them, i knew agi and pci and pci e were somthing graphics related.........doh!!, i recon i got one free, cant seem to find one on komplett, all im getting is flash drives, any chance of a bit of help.

Also thanks for the speedy replys it seems like any time i post here (Day or night) you have a reply 2 seconds later.

Yeah I edited my second post to put in a link to one of the USB cards, Marx Computers or Peats probably have some also. They normally come with 1-4 USB ports.

• Advertisement

Cheers ruu, i normally dont use this terminology but your a legend man.

Advertisement